Time & Location
May 06, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Magee Park, 671 Dexter St S, Prescott, WI 54021, USA
About the Event
UPDATE (5/6/2023, 11:03 AM CST): We're still on for today's workday, although we've had to scale back plans due to weather and soil conditions. Thanks for helping out!
We're making a mountain bike skills course at Magee Park! Help clear the area and construct features for budding bikers to learn skills for trail riding. Signed volunteer forms for CRT and the City of Prescott required to participate (available at the event).
Please bring your own tools to use. (We will be purchasing trail tools in the future as we raise more funds, but for now we're relying on volunteers to help by bringing their own equipment to use or share. Thanks for understanding and contributing in that way!)
Any or all of the following tools may come in handy:
- ESSENTIAL: Work gloves, hat, water bottle, snack
- Compactor (hand compactor or gas-powered)
- Shovel (spade, sqaure, etc - something heavy duty enough to move dirt efficiently)
- Heavy duty rake
- Wheel barrow
- Hand saw
- Anything else you think might be useful
What about weather? In case of inclement weather, we will post a cancellation notice here. If it's just threatening to rain or if it's intermittent precipitation, we'll likely keep working.
Want to donate? If you would like to donate labor, machinery, or materials, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Here's what we need:
- Someone who can haul 10-12 tractor tires from Vermillion, MN, to Prescott, WI
- Gas-powered compactor to use at the workday for creating moguls and other features
- Various sizes of wood planks
- Large boulders (24 inch diameter or more)
What we've received so far:
- Top soil (300+ cubid yards) -- Thank you for the donation, DZ Trucking LLC and DZ Repair LLC!
- Lumber: 5 treated 4x4x8’ and a 12 treated 2x4x8’
- An old power line pole (to be trimmed for riding)
- Two tractor tires (need transportation to collect more)